What Would You Tell Your Younger Self?
Share your story to help end the stigma around mental health and learning disorders! Post your video to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter using #MyYoungerSelf and tag @ChildMindInstitute. After you post, the Child Mind Institute may repost your story through our social media channels.
Child Mind Institute, New York, New York. 215,837 likes · 14,004 talking about this · 219 were here. We’re an independent national nonprofit dedicated to transforming the lives of children struggling…
Use these questions as a guide to share your story:
- What would you tell your younger self about your experience with mental health or learning disorders?
- How have you learned to deal with your experience?
- What are some of your self-care tips?
- If you could sum up your advice to people dealing with a situation like yours, what would you say?
Your video must not:
- Contain any hate speech, sexual content or inappropriate language.
- Advocate or glamorize suicide, self-harm, violence or the use of drugs or alcohol.
- Contain any copyrighted material.
Remember, if you are in danger of harming yourself, please immediately dial 911 or the Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
Text “UROK” to 741741 to talk with a trained crisis counselor 24 hours/7 days a week.
#MyYoungerSelf campaign participants are volunteers, have not been compensated by the Child Mind Institute and are solely responsible for the content of their messages. No message constitutes an endorsement, express or implied, of any treatment, product, service, company, organization or individual by the Child Mind Institute.